- When washing dishes by hand, fill one half of the sink with soapy water and the other with clean water instead of letting the water run.
- Place a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of letting the tap run to get a cool drink.
- Water your houseplants with water saved from washing your fruits and vegetables, waiting for the water to warm up, or even when you clean your fish tank!
- Select one glass to use for drinking each day. Your dishwasher will take longer to fill up and won’t need to run as frequently.
- Thaw foods in the refrigerator or in a bowl of hot water instead of using running water.
- Let your pots and pans soak instead of letting the water run while you clean them.
- Purchase an instant water heater for your kitchen sink so you don’t waste water while it heats up.
- Scrape the food on your dishes into the garbage instead of using water to rinse it down the disposal.